Some say the week flew by. Others find it hard to believe that it’s only been a week. Regardless, our classroom has already accomplished so much. Thanks to all the parents who came out to Open House last night and for their kind words of support. For those who were unable to make it, please find materials coming home with your child today.
To reiterate a point from last night, I will be meeting with parents in October to discuss student progress. Conference dates and times can be found below. If for any reason you were unable to schedule an appointment last night, please let me know when would be a convenient time for you. I look forward to a productive, cooperative partnership in the coming months.
- Tuesday 10/18; Thursday 10/20
- 1:30-5:00 (20 minute conferences)
- Tuesday 10/25; Thursday 10/27
- 3:30-4:30 (20 minute conferences)
Opening day was a great success. This week, the priority is to establish classroom routines, set expectations, and purpose goals for the year.
I look forward to meeting parents at Open House!
I am looking forward to launching a brand new school year on Monday! Have a great weekend!
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Participants should plan to bring in the following:
- 6-12 cupcakes that look and taste like summer (no catfish!)
- Prepare a label indicating the ingredients in your cupcakes
- Prepare a short presentation to introduce your cupcake to the class
On Tuesday, be ready to display your best cupcake on your desk and then cut up the remaining to be tasted by classmates.
Your work will be judged based taste, presentation, and creativity.
Have fun and happy baking!
A school wide celebration of the arts, “Artsweek”, will take place next week. Each class will create an art installation based on the theme of recycling. For this purpose, each student will need to bring in a piece of plastic: a water bottle, shampoo bottle, yogurt container, etc. Thank you for supporting this event.
May and June will be busy. There are a number of events that will dot the calendar throughout these closing weeks of the year.
- May 2-May 13: SBAC Testing
- May 20: DARE Graduation (11:00 AM in South Gymnasium)
- May 26: Field Day
- June 6-10: Artsweek; Band Concert
- June 16: Promotion Ceremony at Amity High School, 11:30 AM
The spring PTO Book Fair is under way. The class will visit on Wednesday.